ViaPath is seeking a highly skilled Software Engineer who has experience with full-stack Java technologies to join our payments engineering team. The ideal candidate should be up to date on recent software engineering best practices and be proficient with Java and Spring framework. The primary function of this role is to develop high quality software solutions for ViaPath and our customers.
Hybrid position - This position will be based at our Dallas, TX office, but can be remote a couple days per week.
• Design, develop, test, and deliver Java based solutions using common standards and frameworks in an Agile scrum environment.
• Pick up new technologies and patterns quickly and contribute to existing and new applications.
• Work with other teams to produce high quality and performant applications.
• Meet or exceed individual objectives, delivery deadlines, and product quality expectations.
• Use effective communication with internal team members and other departments.
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
• Minimum of 3 years of proven experience developing Java/J2EE applications.
• Experience with developing REST APIs and web applications.
• In-depth knowledge of relational databases with the ability to create SQL queries.
• Knowledge of GitLab and CI/CD processes.
• Experience with Spring Framework.
• Demonstrated experience working in an Agile scrum environment.
• Ability to analyze and solve complex problems.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, product, and support teams.
• Knowledge of monitoring tools such as New Relic and App Dynamics.
• Experience with cloud-based scalable microservice deployments is a plus.
• Experience with modern UX frameworks (ReactJS, AngularJS, etc.) is a plus.
• Knowledge of credit card payment systems is a plus.
• Experience using Jira and Confluence is a plus.
ViaPath, an innovation leader in correctional technology, education solutions that assist in rehabilitating inmates, and payment services solutions for government. ViaPath leads the fields of correctional technology, education, and government payment services with visionary solutions and customized products that integrate seamlessly to deliver security, financial value, and operational efficiencies while aiding inmate rehabilitation and reducing recidivism rates.
ViaPath is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.